Definitions and Interpretation
Bourne Asset Management Limited, We or Us
Bourne Asset Management Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 08623817 whose
registered office is 23 Hinton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 2EF
Data or Collected Data
Collectively all information that you submit to Bourne Asset Management Limited, via the website and other data collections including, but not limited to, emails, letter, telephone and face to face conversation. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data
Protection Act 1998;
Users or You Any third party that access the Website and is not either (i) employed by Bourne asset Management Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Bourne Asset Management Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using, www.bourneasset.com, and any sub domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
d. “including” is understood to mean” including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth
c. ID Documents
d. Proof of address
e. Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
f. Financial information such as bank details;
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Bourne Asset Management Limited is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for the purpose of continued communication to, and with, you unless requested otherwise. Any data related to carrying out transactional or investment opportunity functions will be kept in line with government legislation and English Law.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on the security see the clause below (Security)
9. Any or all of the above Data may be enquired by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. Internal record keeping
b. Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
Third party websites and services
10. Bourne Asset Management Limited, may from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by the Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. Sharing Data with third parties
Functionality of the Website
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data held by Bourne Asset Management Limited (where such Data is held).
21. Data security is of great importance to Bourne Asset Management Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Data.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of Data over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of our Data transmitted to the Website.
26. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other right or remedy
27. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.